The trip included a walking tour of each island as well as lunch and an afternoon snorkeling stop. This trip was one of the highlights of our current vacation.
Travel By Boat
Explore a Stunning Island
Explore Island Life & Mangroves on Huraa
Set sail through the Indian Ocean from Malé to Huraa. We’ll spend the day chatting to local islanders, learning about their way of life, and sampling local delicacies. After lunch, finish your eco-tour by taking a dip in the sea and relaxing on the beach.
- From USD 110 per person
- 09:30 – 13:30 except Friday
- Westside jetty Hulhumale (adjacent to the ferry terminal).
- Collection from the airport, hotels in Malé, Hulhumale or the cruise tender jetty available upon request and is offered free of charge.
We are only able to collect from private resort islands in North and South Male Atolls. Permission must be gained from the resort to enable us to use their private jetty. Not all resorts will allow this service so please do confirm with the resort prior to booking. Charges for return transfer will be based on the distance the resort is located from Male.
- 4 hours
- Maximum 8 persons
- We would request female guests to dress with modesty (shorts/skirts/dresses should at the very least covering the upper thigh and shoulders/chests should be fully covered) when visiting local islands.
- Private speedboat, captain and crew
- Local style lunch
- Island tour
- Services of a Secret Paradise guide
- Local taxes (10% service charge, 16% GST)
- Personal expenditure eg souvenirs and snacks
What to bring
- Face Mask, Hand Sanitizer, Re-fillable water bottle, insect repellent, camera, money for personal expenditure.
About your guide
One of our experienced and professionally trained Maldivian tour guides will accompany you for the duration of the activity. All our guides hold First Aid and Lifeguard qualifications and have completed COVID-19 safety awareness training.
Learn about the culture and history of this island nation.
Explore and learn about the Maldives’ mangrove ecosystems.
Discover local life, learn how dry fish is prepared, and taste other local delicacies.
Keep your eyes peeled to spot dolphins on the return journey.
What to Expect
Boarding the speedboat in Malé, sit back and take in the beauty of the many Maldives islands that pass you by, keep your eyes open for dolphins, or sit and chat with the locals.
Arriving in Huraa, accompanied by your guide, gain insights into the simple life led by the villagers; discover the mangrove swamps and freshwater lake, and learn more about this fragile ecosystem. Discover how fish is dried and cured and taste fresh rihakaru paste, a love-it-or-hate-it delicacy!
Take lunch at a local cafe and spend some time relaxing on the beach before returning to Malé.
Hear From Our Previous Guests
I did the local islands (Himmurfushi and Huraa) day trip and it was just an outstanding experience! I absolutely enjoyed every single bit of it from the amazing snorkeling spots, beautiful beaches, meeting the locals to the delicious lunch.