I want to thank you and everyone else involved in our holiday for such an amazing trip, I enjoyed it so much, it has been my best holiday ever! We were so well looked after and everyone on the boat were so lovely and helpful, I was really sad to leave.
Giving Back opportunities
Cruise the island paradise of the Maldives and experience the ultimate in marine life encounters, marine conservation and environment awareness. Expect to see whale sharks, turtles, reef sharks, morays, eagle rays, dolphins and abundant tropical fish life.
This unique hand-curated cruise itinerary is for anyone with a passion for the ocean and responsible travel. Discover new places and cultures, learn more about marine life, participate in data capture and bask in pristine natural surroundings.
- USD 1899 per person
- No single supplement
- 7th November – 14th November 2022 – Completed
- 27th November – 4th December 2022 – Fully Booked
- 5th February – 12th February 2023 – Fully Booked
- 5th March – 12th March 2023
- 9th April – 16th April 2023 – Fully Booked
- 3rd December – 10th December 2023
- 4th February – 11th February 2024
- 3rd March – 10th March 2024
- 9th November – 16th November 2024
- 8 days & 7 nights
- Velana International Airport (MLE)
- Minimum 6 persons
- Maximum 12 persons
WHAT ARE THE MALDIVES ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
- Travelers must have a confirmed accommodation/tour booking.
- Travelers must have a passport or travel document valid for a minimum 30 days from date of entry to the Maldives.
- Travelers must have a return flight ticket.
- The online traveler declaration form IMUGA must be completed within the 96 hour period prior to arrival in country.
- 7 nights Twin/double standard cabin
- 7 breakfasts, 7 lunch & 7 dinner
- Daily morning and afternoon snacks
- Airport and transfer assistance
- Return transfer of guests from the airport to boat – airport
- Unlimited drinking water – bring reusable bottle
- Unlimited snorkeling
- All activities as per itinerary
- Secret Paradise Guide
- Local Tax ( $6 Green Tax per person per night, 10% Service Charge and 16% GST)
- Alcoholic beverages
- International Flights
- Travel Insurance
What to bring
Full details will be provided in our welcome information pack
- Day-by-day itinerary subject to change due to weather and ocean conditions.
- Alcoholic beverages available onboard from USD $4 (payable at end of the cruise).
- Diving available upon request.
Accompanied by Maldives Whale Shark Research Program
Assist in research and data collection
Contribute to coral nurseries and beach cleans
Learn about the unique Maldivian ecosystem and the conservation challenges
Learn how to protect the biodiversity and marine life of the Maldives
Snorkel the coral nursery maintained by Save the Beach
Spot sea life like turtles, colorful fish, sharks, and dolphins
Unforgettable meals under the stars and delicious local dishes
What to Expect
- Arrive in Maldives & board the MV Felicity
- Meet Maldives Whale Shark Research Program (MWSRP)
- Cruise to South Male Atoll
- A responsible snorkeling briefing followed by your first underwater snorkeling encounter
- Watch sunset from a beautiful sand bank
- Meet NGO Save the Beach and learn about Maldives coral reefs and the challenges they face.
- Kick-start the day Maldivian style, with an early morning snorkel before breakfast
- Cruise through to South Ari Atoll home of the whale shark.
- En route stop off for a swim stop & snorkeling opportunity
- Discover Dhangethi Island – tickle your taste buds with ‘Hedhika’ snacks and learn why seagrass is known as the lungs of the earth.
- Enjoy an amazing colourful Maldives sunset at Dhangethi
The region of South Ari Atoll is very lucky to have a probable unique year-round population of Whale sharks. Learn about these magnificent creatures and how identification can be made before heading out on our own Whale shark safari to capture research data.
We may see 1 or 2 sharks in half an hour or given that they are wild creatures in their natural habitat we may not encounter one for the whole time we are searching. However the unpredictability all adds to the excitement! If we do spot them we will have the opportunity to snorkel alongside them, a truly magical experience. Whale sharks can, at times, swim very quickly – so you may need to work hard to keep up with them in the water!
Together we will collate all data and encounters and input to the MWSRP database, as well as identifying the individual sharks or other megafauna such as manta rays we saw that day. All encounters will feature on MWSRP online portal as well as contributing to the Big Fish Network.
- Our second full day whale shark safari with the Maldives Whale Shark Research Programme with data collection as detailed on day three.
Visit the one of the longest islands in the Maldives – Dhigurah
Take a tropical forest walk & learn about flora and fauna
- Cruise through central Ari Atoll for more magical snorkeling opportunities
- Afternoon Robinson Crusoe visit to a remote uninhabited island
- Give back – join in a Beach Clean Up
- Cruise back to South Male Atoll
- Get ready for turtle reef snorkeling and presentation
- Visit Gulhi island & discover island life in the atoll
- Maldivian theme night including Bodu Beru musical performance on board.
- Dawn snorkeling for your final Maldives sunrise
- Snorkeling with sting rays and banner fish we end on a high!
- Visit to snorkel Save the Beach coral nursery on Villimale
- Return to Hulhumale lagoon
- Depart from Maldives