We have a private guide Ub from Secret Paradise with us who is making our dream come true.. leading us to the best places and activities around the island, giving us tips and help whenever we need.
Experience Island Life
The Perfect Island Package For Divers & Snorkelers
Make life long memories on our Maldives Marine Life tour when you stay on the beautiful island of Dhigurah in South Ari Atoll. As one of the most picturesque islands of the archipelago, it’s home to a long beach (which you’ll often have to yourself), a protected lagoon, and a sandbar.
Explore the Indian Ocean to spot whale sharks, mantas, turtles, and the world-renowned coral reefs. This three-night marine-life tour is designed to work as either a self-contained Maldives experience or as a start to a longer independent stay in the archipelago. Satisfy your senses, free your mind, and take in the immense natural beauty of the Maldives.
- From USD 949 per person
- Child (2 -11 years): USD 449
- Available all year round
- Arrival on day 1 by midday
- Velana International Airport (MLE)
- 4 days & 3 nights
- Minimum 1 person per booking
- Maximum 8 people per booking
WHAT ARE THE MALDIVES ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
- Travelers must have a confirmed accommodation/tour booking.
- Travelers must have a passport or travel document valid for a minimum 30 days from date of entry to the Maldives.
- Travelers must have a return flight ticket.
- The online traveler declaration form IMUGA must be completed within the 96 hour period prior to arrival in country.
- 3 nights standard room accommodation
- 3 breakfasts, 3 dinners
- Airport and domestic transfer assistance
- Return transfer by public speedboat
- Whale shark snorkeling safari
- Island Tour & hedikaa experience
- Forest Walk
- Complimentary use of kayaks and SUPs
- Secret Paradise Tour Leader
- All local tax ($3 green tax per person per night, 10% service charge, and 16% GST)
- International flights
- Travel Insurance
What to bring
- All this together with full details on everything you need to know about travel within the Maldives will be provided in our welcome information pack.
- The Maldives is a Muslim country and therefore alcohol is not available on local islands.
- Subject to availability, day/evening visits to resorts can be arranged.
- Bikinis are not allowed to be worn on local island beaches; however, all of our guesthouses offer either private gardens or balconies and tourist beach areas for guests where bikini swimwear can be worn.
Swim and snorkel with whale sharks.
Relax on a long sandy beach and escape the crowds of other islands.
Sit and watch spectacular island sunsets at the end of every day.
Kayak or paddleboard through the pristine waters of the lagoon.
Take a tropical island hike to get your bearings and see amazing local wildlife.
What to Expect
Arrive at Malé International Airport for the start of your Maldives Marine Life Tour, where you will be greeted by your guide. Embark on a speedboat journey from Malé to Dhigurah and witness the breathtaking scenery of the Maldives from the comfort of your boat. The speedboat operates every day and leaves Malé in the afternoon taking two hours to journey across the Indian Ocean to Dhigurah.
View the beauty of the many Maldives islands that pass you by, keep your eyes open for dolphins, or chat with the locals. Enjoy the evening to yourself and relax into island time. For those arriving on a morning flight, we offer a free walking tour of Malé city to discover the history and tradition of the Maldives with your tour leader.
Following dinner a through a presentation on behalf of the Maldives Whale Shark Research Program, gain an insight into their environmental monitoring and marine life studies and prepare us for our whale shark safari tomorrow!
On day 2, we tick off a bucket list experience and venture out in search of the ocean’s biggest fish – the whale shark! South Ari Atoll is well known for the possibility of encountering whale sharks year-round, particularly on the reefs behind Dhigurah. There is only one way we can spot them and that’s the old-fashioned way of being out on the boat and looking! We may be lucky and see 2 or 3 sharks in half an hour or sometimes only one for the whole time we are searching, but the unpredictability all adds to the excitement! When we do spot them we will have the opportunity to snorkel alongside them, a truly magical experience.
Late afternoon as the heat of the day diminishes spend time exploring the island with your guide and discover how the locals live. Experience traditional ‘hedika’ – Maldivian savoury and sweet short eats served with black tea at a local cafe.
Day 3 is a free day with plenty of options. Spend the day just relaxing on the beach or snorkeling in the lagoon. If you were unfortunate to encounter a whale shark yesterday there is a discounted rate offer if you choose to try again today. Feeling energetic? Take the complimentary kayak or SUPs out onto the lagoon.
This afternoon your guide will take you on a 3 hour ‘forest’ exploration walk. Be ready to get hot and sweaty but your reward will be a beautiful sunset and if you wish a refreshing dip in the ocean.
On day 4, following a sunrise breakfast, transfer by early morning public speedboat to Malé. From there, you’ll head to Malé International Airport or your onward destination.
A comfortable beach hotel with all modern conveniences. The hotel is located a few steps from Dhigurah’s long white sandy beach and a short distance away from the village, yet still close enough to walk and enjoy the island lifestyle of the Maldives.
All rooms offer an en-suite bathroom, AC and fan, flat-screen satellite TV, and an in-room safety deposit box. Wi-Fi is accessible in all public areas and the property produces its own purified water allowing them to have ditched plastic bottles!
We have handpicked the best guesthouses throughout the Maldives to provide you the greatest experience while enjoying your Maldives Marine Life tour package. Personally selected to provide a balance of comfort, good service, local atmosphere and value for money. In each you can be assured of a warm welcome and know that your holiday money is contributing directly to the local economy and increasing local employment.
Hear From Our Previous Guests
Secret Paradise has supported us so much in organizing our trip to the Maldives I think they made everything so easy by email, and then even easier when we met them LIVE. I recommend booking through them to have a great experience and forget about all problems!
See Our Other Tours
From $599 USD
3-Night Maldives Beach Break
From $449 USD
3-Night Capital Break
From $799 USD