The small print is never exciting but it is very important that you read and understand the following booking conditions before you decide to book with Secret Paradise PVT Ltd. It is also important that you read the relevant itinerary and understand what is involved in the type of tour you are intending to book.
By making a booking you agree that you have fully read and understand these terms and conditions.
The below booking conditions, the relevant web pages, each itinerary that the Client has booked, and the booking form, all of which are hereby incorporated into and shall constitute the entire contract made between the Company and the Client.
Secret Paradise Private Limited is a Ministry Of Tourism approved Travel Agency and existing under the laws of Maldives Company Registration, Number C-0059/2012 with registered offices at 2-2-10, Nirolhu Magu, 25000, Hulhumale, Maldives. Secret Paradise (‘the Company’, “we”, “us” and “our”) accepts bookings subject to the following conditions. Except where expressly stated, these conditions only apply to tour arrangements booked by the client with Secret Paradise and which Secret Paradise agrees to make, provide or perform (as applicable) as part of their contract with the client. All references in these conditions to “tour”, “holiday” “booking”, “contract” or “arrangements” mean such tour arrangements unless otherwise stated.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The contract is between Secret Paradise and the client (“the client” and “you” in these conditions), being any person traveling or intending to travel on a guided or self guided tour operated by the Company including any person who is added or substituted after booking. We both agree that Maldives law (and no other) will apply to your contract and to any dispute, claim, or other matter of any description which arises between us (except as set out below). We both also agree that any dispute, claim or other matter of any description (and whether or not involving any personal injury) which arises between us must be dealt with by the Maldives Courts of Law only. No employee of the Company other than a director has authority to vary or omit any of these terms.
1: BOOKING & PRICES
- A completed booking form is to be received at time of booking request. The booking is binding on the Company only when it has issued confirmation by email. Any person submitting a booking, or on whose behalf a booking is made, is responsible for ensuring that the payment of any sums due in respect of the booking is duly made to the Company.
- If you make a booking for anyone other than yourself, you are considered the designated contact person for those other travelers. You represent and warrant that you are legally authorized to act on their behalf; that you have obtained all required consents; and that you will inform them of these Terms and warrant that they accept and agree to them. You are also responsible for making all payments due for your booking; notifying us if any changes or cancellations are required; and keeping the other travelers informed of all information relevant to your trip.
- After you request a booking, we’ll send you an email containing a link to a traveler booking form. For most packages, you must complete this form within 5 days of booking. Let us know if you are unable to complete it within this timeframe, or your booking may be subject to cancellation.
- After we receive your booking we will confirm availability of all components and send you a confirmation email within 1–2 business days. If any option or component you selected is not available, we will alert you and give you the option to modify your booking or to cancel your booking request.
- From the time of your booking confirmation until your final payment; your price may only be changed if: 1) you request Changes or Customizations to your booking; 2) new or increased government taxes or fees are implemented that apply to your package or its components. Under any of these circumstances, we will inform you how your package price will be affected.
- Once your booking is fully paid the package price will not change, unless: 1) you request Changes or Customizations to your booking.
- The Company reserves the right to decline any bookings.
- You may enter special meal requests or dietary restrictions for each traveler when you complete your booking. We will relay your requests to our partners but some requests may be difficult to accommodate in some destinations.
- Advertised package prices are based on double occupancy rooms or cabins and the least expensive travel dates, hotels, and other options available, and do not include optional excursions or other optional items, unless otherwise noted.
- On occasion, we may also offer price reductions, sale discounts, coupon discounts, or other promotional discounts on certain packages, departures, or services. Such discounts are valid for a limited time, only apply to new bookings, and may have other conditions or limitations. Existing bookings for which a deposit has been received are not entitled to price reductions or discounts that were not valid at the time of booking.
- Prices and availability are subject to change until you make a booking and that booking is confirmed. After that, your package price will not change, with some exceptions listed under clause 1. 5 above.
- We reserve the right to make changes to and correct errors in advertised prices at any time before your tour is confirmed. We will advise you of any error of which we are aware and of the then applicable price at the time of booking.
- Once the price of your chosen tour has been confirmed at the time of booking, then subject to the correction of errors, we will only increase or decrease the price as detailed in clause 1.5.
- All advertised prices and costs are in U.S. currency, unless noted otherwise.
- The Company is not under any obligation to dispatch any tickets, vouchers, or documents until full payment of the booking has been received by the Company.
2: PAYMENT, REFUNDS & CREDITS
- We offer two payment plans, FULL FLEX & ULTIMATE FLEX full details can be found here(opens in a new tab).
- FULL FLEX: $100 per person deposit is made by credit/debit card via a payment link following our email confirmation of booking. The balance of payment must be made by International SWIFT bank transfer 30 days prior to arrival date.
- ULTIMATE FLEX: Payment to be made within 14 days of our booking confirmation by either International SWIFT bank transfer or by credit/debit card via a payment link.
- Deposits are non-refundable after we confirm your booking, unless we cancel your departure.
- If any balance is due after making your booking, you must pay this balance via one of our accepted payment methods by your final payment due date. This date is most often 30 days prior to departure. The due date for your final balance will be listed in our confirmation of deposit receipt email and on your invoice. You may make as many payments as you like in any amount until the due date. If you have not paid in full by your due date, your booking will be subject to a $50 late fee. If you have not paid in full 15 days after your due date, your booking will be cancelled, and your deposit will be forfeited.
- We accept payments by payment link and International SWIFT transfer as per the requirements detailed under point 2 & 3 above. We do not accept any other forms of payment. Payments must be made in U.S. currency or a conversion fee may apply.
- Refunds will be processed and paid as promptly as possible. If we need to recover funds already paid to our partners for your services, your refund will be issued after those funds have been recovered. Most refunds are processed within 24 hours – 7 days of being requested. Refunds for payments by credit card will be credited to that card, provided your refund does not exceed the amount paid on the card.
- In the event credits are issued they are shown in U.S. dollar amounts and may be redeemed towards a balance due to Secret Paradise on a future trip
3: CANCELLATION BY A CUSTOMER
- Should you wish to cancel a booking, notification of the cancellation must be made by email to the Company, to be received within the periods stated below for the following percentages of the entire cost of the booking to be charged.
- If you make a booking for two or more travelers, it is possible for one or more travelers on that booking to cancel while allowing the remaining traveler(s) to continue. Cancellation fees will only be assessed on the cancelling travelers. If such a change requires any double occupancy rooms or cabin to be converted to single occupancy, the remaining traveler(s) are responsible for any applicable single occupancy rates, which will be added to their balance due. In many cases, it may be possible for a new traveler to be added to a booking replacing another traveler.
- Some suppliers have conditions that require the payment of higher or different charges (including the imposition of 100% cancellation charges well in advance of the normal balance due date) which you will have to pay in the event of cancellation. You will be advised at the time of booking if this is the case for your tour.
- No charge for Secret Paradise Tours cancelled more than 14 days prior to arrival date
- 2 days – 13 days charged at 50%
- No show or 0 – 2 days = charged at 100%
It is strongly recommended that comprehensive travel insurance is taken out which includes cover against cancellation charges. Depending on the reason for the cancellation, you may be able to reclaim the cancellation charges (less any applicable excess) under the terms of your insurance policy. All claims must be made direct to the insurance company.
4: CANCELLATION BY THE COMPANY
- The Company reserves the right to cancel a tour in any circumstances, but will not cancel a tour less than 30 days before the start of the holiday except for force majeure, or your failure to make all payments (including the final balance and any surcharge) when due.
- Some tours require a minimum number of participants to enable us to operate them (cruises for example). If any tour does not have the minimum number of participants required to make it commercially viable, we are entitled to cancel it. We will notify you of cancellation for this reason no less than 60 days before the start of your tour. If we have to cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible.
- If there is time to do so before departure and the cancellation does not result from your failure to pay, we will offer you the choice of purchasing another available tour from the Company (paying or receiving a refund in respect of any difference in price) or receiving a full refund of all monies paid to us. We regret we cannot meet any visa, vaccination or similar costs in the event of any change or cancellation by us.
- Similarly, you are advised only to book fully flexible transport and other arrangements which can be canceled or changed without charge, we cannot pay any cancellation, amendment of other charges you may incur in relation to any transport or other arrangements which you have to change or cancel as a result of the cancellation of your tour.
- We are not responsible for any incidental expenses or consequential losses that you incur as a result of a cancelled booking, including but not limited to loss of earnings, loss of enjoyment, or the cost of any connecting flights, accommodations, airport transportation, visas, document fees, vaccinations, or other services you may purchase that are dependent upon the operation of your trip.
5. MODIFICATION BY THE CUSTOMER
- Should you wish to make a change to an existing booking we will arrange this, subject to availability, an administration charge of USD $25 per person per booking change may be charged. Dates of travel, accommodation, or tour selected can be modified up to 30 days prior to arrival date.
- Short notice alterations are not always possible and should you find it necessary to cancel your holiday the cancellation charges listed in 3 above will apply. Any amendment charges imposed by suppliers will be charged to the customer.
6: MODIFICATION BY THE COMPANY
- While the Company will do its best to operate all tours as advertised, it reserves the right to change and correct errors in any of the facilities, services, prices, or itineraries provided by email or described on our website at any time before or after your booking is confirmed. Most changes are minor. Occasionally, we have to make a significant change. If a significant change has to be made, the Company will inform you as soon as reasonably possible, if there is time before departure. In the case of any material modification or of cancellation, the Company will, if possible, offer alternative arrangements or, if these are not acceptable, a full refund of monies will be paid. When offering alternative arrangements the Company will, if accommodation is affected, endeavor to provide an alternative in the same area. If the Company is only able to offer a lower classification of the hotel it will refund the difference in the price.
- A significant change, as mentioned in 6.1 above, is one which has a significant effect on the customer’s holiday, such as change of accommodation to a different property or to any inferior room classification in the same property, a change of departure or return timings of more than 20 hours which will cause substantial inconvenience to the customer.
- Force Majeure: Except where otherwise expressly stated in these conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our obligations under our contract with you is prevented or affected by, or you otherwise suffer any injury, damage, loss or expense of any nature as a result of “force majeure”. In these conditions, “force majeure” means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include actual or threatened war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, disease, fire, and all similar events outside our control.
7: THE COMPANY’S LIABILITY TO THE CUSTOMER
Bookings are accepted on the understanding that you appreciate and accept the possible risks inherent with water activities, including but not limited to snorkeling & diving, traveling by public transport, and that you undertake the tours and holidays featured at your own volition. Each person wishing to participate in such activities may be asked to sign additional forms and in all cases must adhere to the restrictions imposed by either Secret Paradise, our Tour Leaders or the supplier.
- We promise to make sure that the tour arrangements we have agreed to make, perform or provide, as applicable, as part of our booking confirmation with you are made, performed, or provided with reasonable skill and care. This means that subject to these conditions and the other information which forms part of your agreement with us, we will accept responsibility if your contracted tour arrangements are not provided as promised or prove deficient as a result of the failure of ourselves, our employees, or suppliers to use reasonable skill and care in making, performing or providing, as applicable, your contracted tour arrangements. Please note, it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim against us. In addition, we will only be responsible for what our employees, and suppliers do or do not do, if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for suppliers).
- We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost, or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following: – the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the client(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of your tour and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or ‘force majeure’ as defined in clause 5c above.
- We cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any optional, additional services or facilities which any supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised by us and we have not agreed to arrange them as part of our contract. In addition, regardless of any wording used by us on our website, in any advertising material, or elsewhere, we only promise to use reasonable skill and care as set out above and we do not have any greater or different liability to you. Any optional excursions or activities booked during your holiday do not form part of our contract as these are all arranged for you directly by the suppliers concerned.
- The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract – and the laws and regulations of the Maldives in which your claim or complaint occurred – will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided. Please bear in mind that standards of, for example, safety, hygiene, and quality may vary throughout the destinations, services, and transport your tour involves and may be lower than or different from those applicable in your own country. This is particularly important where liveaboard dive boats and local island guesthouses are concerned when the clear limitations of being on such a small vessel or the restrictions of a local island must be accepted. If the particular services which gave rise to the claim or complaint complied with the local laws and regulations applicable to those services at the time, the services will be treated as having been properly provided. This will be the case even if the services did not comply with the laws and regulations of your home country which would have applied had those services been provided in your home country. The exception to this is where the claim or complaint concerns the absence of a safety feature that might lead a reasonable holidaymaker to refuse to take the tour in question.
- You must ensure you have appropriate travel insurance to protect you and your personal belongings.
- We cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense, or other sums of any description (1) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (2) which did not result from any breach of contract or other faults by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers.
Additionally, we cannot accept liability for any expenses or losses incurred by or relate to any business including self-employed loss of earnings.
- You must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint as set out in clause 7. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred.
8: TOUR PARTICIPATION
- JOINING A TOUR: You are responsible for making your own way to the starting point, usually Velana International Airport or as detailed in your itinerary. We will provide instructions for how and where to meet your tour leader or airport representative. If for any reason you are unable to make it to the starting point on time, contact us without delay. We will make all reasonable efforts to assist you in making alternate arrangements to join your tour, but you are responsible for any extra costs incurred, and no refunds will be issued for unused services.
- ACCOMMODATION: Our packages include carefully selected properties and vessels whom we audit annually. Advertised prices are for standard double/twin occupancy rooms or cabins. Single or triple occupancy rooms or cabins may be available upon request, but availability cannot be guaranteed and are subject in most cases to a single supplement charge. Special requests (bedding, smoking preference, etc.) are subject to availability. We are not a luxury tour company, we have handpicked our guesthouse and hotel partners to provide a balance of comfort, good service, local atmosphere and value for money. We have chosen a selection of locally operated guesthouses that provide comfortable clean rooms, friendly service and good food, we have visited and stayed in every one. All rooms have en-suite bathrooms, AC, ceiling fans and complimentary Wi-Fi, and water, tea and coffee is always available.
- TOUR LEADERS: On our guided tours, you’ll be accompanied by one of our professional local tour leaders who is an authority on the Maldives and is responsible for the safety and wellbeing of our travelers and for the smooth operation of the tour. The decisions of the tour leader are final on all matters likely to affect the safety or wellbeing of all travelers participating in the trip.
- GROUP PARTICIPATION: On our scheduled group tours, you’ll usually be traveling with a group of strangers, and this can sometimes be challenging, especially in a foreign country. To avoid any discord within our groups and to provide our travelers with a positive touring experience, we reserve the right to reject or remove any traveler whose behavior is determined to be incompatible with the group. If you fail to comply with a decision made by our tour leader, behave in a way that is judged to cause or likely to cause danger, distress, or material annoyance to others, interfere with the wellbeing or mobility of the group, are deemed to be fractious to the group, at the sole discretion of Secret Paradise and/or our tour leader, we may ask you to leave the tour. In this case, we will not refund any portion of the package cost, and all expenses incurred by the termination of the touring program are your responsibility. We may also elect not to carry you on any future trips.
- TRAVELERS WITH DISABILITIES OR DIFFICULTIES: Travelers requiring any type of special assistance must notify us of their requirements at the time of booking. We will make reasonable attempts to accommodate such special needs and to notify our partners of these requirements. However, we cannot guarantee that all disabilities or difficulties can be accommodated. For religious reasons the Maldives does not accept travelers who require service animals. We regret that we cannot provide individual assistance to travelers for walking, dining, entering and exiting vehicles, ships, and other transportation vehicles, or to assist with other personal needs. Travelers who require such assistance must be accompanied by a qualified companion who is a paid traveler.
- GENERAL PHYSICAL FITNESS: Our itineraries often feature sightseeing and other activities which may involve walking moderate distances, walking up steps or over uneven surfaces. Ocean based activities involve traveling in small boats, gaining access to the vessel by small ladders to/from the water as well as swimming/snorkeling in open water. It is the responsibility of all travelers to consider their abilities, consult with appropriate medical personnel, and determine if they are in sufficient physical condition to comfortably undertake the requirements of each itinerary. Please contact us for advice.
- HEALTH & WELL BEING: If during travel, our tour leaders become concerned that your physical health or mental condition may make it unsafe for you to continue to participate in the planned itinerary, they may ask you to avoid certain activities. In extreme cases, we may ask you to leave the tour. In this case, we will make reasonable attempts to transport you to the appropriate airport or other departure point, but otherwise, you will be responsible for all costs incurred. In either case, there will be no refund of unused services. You grant us and our representatives permission to discuss your situation, including your physical health or mental condition, and share any information we deem relevant with any travel companion, family member, medical professional, designated emergency contact, or other person we believe would be necessary or appropriate to deal with such concerns, at our sole discretion.
- ACCEPTANCE OF RISK: By booking with us, you acknowledge that you have considered the potential risks, dangers and challenges, and your own personal capabilities and needs, and you assume responsibility for all such risks. You agree to take all prudent measures in relation to your own safety while traveling, including but not limited to the proper use of safety devices (including seatbelts and flotation devices) and obeying all posted signs and oral or written warnings regarding health and safety. Secret Paradise will not be held liable for any claims or causes of action arising from any losses, damages, injuries, or death resulting from failure to comply with safety instructions or warnings or the risks inherent in travel and participating in adventurous activities included in our itineraries or otherwise offered by us or our representatives.
- EMERGENCY MEDICAL TREATMENT: Should any medical emergency arise which precludes your ability to consent to emergency treatment when such authorization is required, we or our representatives will endeavor to communicate with your travel companions or previously designated emergency contact to request permission for any necessary treatment. If our representatives believe, at their sole discretion, that time or circumstances do not permit such communication, you authorize our representatives to consent on your behalf to any medical treatment, including all types of medical examinations, diagnoses, medication, treatment, or physician or hospital care, that is deemed advisable by, and is to be rendered under, the supervision of any physician or surgeon. You agree not to hold us or our representatives responsible for actions relating to any such medical or emergency treatment.
- BAGGAGE & PERSONAL EFFECTS: In general, our tours & packages do not have any restrictions on size, weight or type of luggage you travel with. We will send you specific baggage allowance information in relation to any products where domestic flight or seaplane luggage allowances apply. In these cases if you exceed the baggage limits, you may be subject to excess baggage charges assessed by the airlines. You are responsible for safeguarding your luggage, camera, and other personal effects, including any items purchased while on tour, while in your possession. We are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged personal items. Luggage or other personal items that are damaged by our domestic airline partners are the responsibility of the airline. Should this occur, be sure to submit a baggage claim form before exiting the airport, typically in the baggage claim area.
- LOSS OR DAMAGE OF RENTAL EQUIPMENT: When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss (reasonably estimated if not precisely known) must be made direct to the accommodation owner or manager or other supplier or to us as soon as possible. If the actual cost of the loss or damage exceeds the amount paid where estimated, you must pay the difference once known. If the actual cost is less than the amount paid, the difference will be refunded. You will also be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against us and all costs incurred by us (including our own and the other party’s full legal costs) as a result of your actions. You should ensure you have appropriate travel insurance to protect you if this situation arises.
- RESPONSIBLE TRAVEL: During travel within the Maldives we will always advocate responsible travel and would ask you to support us by following the advice shared pre tour and during the tour. In relation to marine life encounters we require you to comply with the guidelines we share. Together we can ensure we make only a positive impact on the environment and the communities’ we visit.
- LOCAL LAWS: During travel, you must always comply with the laws and regulations of the Maldives and all places visited. Committing any illegal act may result in your removal from a tour and put you at risk of fines or punishment by local authorities, for which we cannot be held responsible.
9: CANCELLATION IN VIEW OF BEHAVIOUR
- Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of the Company’s employees, tour leaders and representatives whilst on tour . If in the opinion of any such person(s) or any other person in a position of authority (such as, for example, an airline pilot, hotel manager, dive guide/dive instructor, or dive center manager), the health, level of fitness or conduct of a client at any time before or during a tour is endangering or appears likely to endanger the health or well being of the client or any third party (including any other clients of the Company) or the safe, comfortable or happy progress of the tour, the client may be excluded from all or part of the tour without refund or recompense. Where a client is excluded, the Company will have no further responsibility towards them (including any return travel arrangements) and we will not meet any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the exclusion.
- If a client commits an illegal act (including, for example, causing any damage, bringing alcohol onto a local island, inappropriate standard of dress) the client may be excluded from the tour and the Company shall cease to have the responsibility to/for them as above. No refund will be given for any unused services.
10: TOUR OPERATION
- ITINERARIES: We make every effort to ensure our tours & packages run smoothly and according to the posted itineraries. However, travel is complex, and we reserve the right to modify our itineraries as we deem necessary to keep everything running comfortably. Please refer to the latest version of your itinerary which we will also send you following full payment. The planned itinerary is representative of the types of accommodations, transport and activities planned, but the actual itinerary, including routes, schedules, amenities, modes of transport, and other items, may still be subject to alteration or substitution without prior notice due to circumstances on the ground, weather and ocean conditions or upon recommendation of our partners in destination. In these cases, we will make every effort to ensure the changes result in an equivalent or better experience for our travelers. We will not be held liable for any damages related to these alterations.
- FORCE MAJEURE: Certain unexpected circumstances may arise, such as (but not limited to) weather events, pandemics, quarantines, border closures, acts of governments or authorities, wars, hostilities, political uprisings or civil disturbances, riots, strikes, terrorist activities or the threat of terrorist activities, criminal acts committed by third parties, defects of vehicles or breakdown in equipment, or an Act of God, that are beyond anyone’s control, which force a cancellation or disruption of services. These circumstances are considered a force majeure. We will not be held responsible or liable in any way for such events, including death, bodily injury, illness, damage, delay, or other losses caused by such events. While we will always strive to assist our travelers wherever they are in the world when such circumstances occur, any losses or costs resulting from these events will be the responsibility of the traveler.
- LOCAL PARTNERS & SUPPLIERS: Secret Paradise makes arrangements with airlines, vessels, hotels and other accommodation providers, transfer operators, activity providers, and other independent parties (“Third Party Suppliers”) to provide you with some or all of the components of your booking. take great care in selecting Third Party Suppliers, but we do not supervise or control these suppliers and cannot be responsible for their acts or omissions. In the absence of our own negligence, we shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution of equipment; loss or damage to baggage or property; injury, illness, or death; or any claims, losses, damages, costs or expenses arising out of inconvenience, loss of enjoyment, upset, disappointment, distress or frustration, whether physical or mental, resulting from the any act, omission, error or negligence whatsoever by domestic air carriers, cruise vessel companies, hotels, transportation companies, other persons providing any of the services and accommodations to travelers, or any other person not our direct employee or under our exclusive control. We are not responsible for any criminal conduct by third parties.
11: OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES & EXCURSIONS
- We and our representatives may provide you with information (before departure and/or when you are on holiday) about optional activities and excursions which do not form part of your pre-booked holiday arrangements and which are available in the area you are visiting. We have no involvement in any such activities or excursions which are not run, supervised, controlled, or endorsed in any way by us. We have no knowledge as to whether such activities or excursions and their operators comply with local legal requirements or have any insurance. Some activities/excursions involve the risk of personal injury. They are provided by local operators or other providers who are entirely independent of us. They do not form any part of your contract with us even where we suggest particular operators/providers and/or assist you in booking such activities or excursions in any way.
- Where a tour leader collects payment for or otherwise assists in booking any such activity or excursion for you, we and the tour leader act solely as a booking agent for the local operator/provider of the activity or excursion with whom you will have a contract. The local operator/provider’s terms and conditions will apply. We cannot accept any liability on any basis in relation to such activities or excursions and the acceptance of liability will not apply to them. We do not, however, exclude liability for the negligence of ourselves or our employees resulting in your death or personal injury.
- We do not guarantee that any optional activity or excursion mentioned on our website or elsewhere will be available to book during your holiday and/or will operate as advertised as these services do not form part of our contract and are not under our control. They may not be available for various reasons. Any prices given in advance are indicative only. We will not be liable if you cannot, for whatever reason, book any such activity or excursion or if the activity or excursion does not operate as advertised.
- Clients are responsible for arranging and must be in possession of, a valid, acceptable passport and any visas and vaccination certificates required for the whole of their journey and tour. Information about these matters or related items (climate, clothing, baggage, personal gear, etc.) is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of the Company. We regret we cannot accept any liability if you are refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure on your part to carry all required documentation. If failure to have any necessary travel or other documents results in fines, surcharges, or other financial penalty being imposed on us, you will be responsible for reimbursing us accordingly.
- Travel Insurance is highly recommended for all clients whilst on a tour organized by the Secret Paradise. Clients are wholly responsible for arranging their own insurance. Clients should forward details of their insurance policy to another company for our records. Clients are responsible for ensuring that they have personal travel insurance with protection for the full duration of the holiday with adequate and appropriate cover. Clients should ensure that there are no exclusion clauses limiting or excluding protection for the type of activities included in their holiday. Clients should satisfy themselves that all travel insurance purchased meets their particular requirements and should arrange supplementary insurance if need be. Clients together with their personal property including baggage are at all times solely at their own risk.
- Clients are responsible for arranging, paying, and confirming return flights to the Maldives. Details of arrival and departure flight numbers and times must be communicated to Secret Paradise upon payment of the final balance. We cannot accept any liability for any change, cancellation, or delay in your transportation from or to your home country or during your tour whether any change, cancellation, or delay is caused by adverse weather conditions, rescheduling by a transport supplier, airline, or airport authority, action by air traffic controllers, mechanical breakdown, industrial action or any other event or circumstance outside our control. Where long flight delays result in lost tour time, no refunds are given by hotels or suppliers. Similarly, except where the Denied Boarding Regulations apply, airlines do not offer compensation for flight delays. Clients are responsible for ensuring that they have personal travel insurance with protection for the full duration of the holiday with adequate and appropriate cover.
15: DIVE QUALIFICATION, DIVE EXPERIENCE, AND DIVING LOGBOOK
- Some liveaboard itineraries require a minimum level of qualification and/or diving experience. It is your responsibility to ensure that your diving experience and/or qualification meet these requirements. If on arrival you are deemed not to have the level of experience and/or qualification required for the trip booked, you will not be able to participate in the diving activities advertised. If this is the case, Secret Paradise or any of Secret Paradise’s suppliers will not have any liability for any missed diving or costs paid for the holiday. Your logbook is the only true representation of your diving experience (i.e. number of dives completed).
16: LOCAL ISLAND GUIDELINES
- The Maldives is a Muslim country and care needs to be taken in relation to the dress code on local islands. Whilst it is acceptable for men to wear t-shirts and shorts or swim shorts; females should avoid causing offense by maintaining a more conservative approach to clothes by wearing t-shirts, shorts, or sarongs and avoid wearing bikinis and swimwear unless on a designated tourist beach, an uninhabited island, picnic island, sandbank, dive boat or resort island.
- Alcohol and pork are also restricted on local islands. If a client commits an illegal act (including, for example, causing any damage, bringing alcohol onto a local island from a resort island) the client may be excluded from the tour and the Company shall cease to have the responsibility to/for them as above. No refund will be given for any unused services.
17: INFORMATION CONTAINED IN MARKETING MATERIAL & WEBSITE
- The Company’s website contains statements representing its honest belief that the facts as shown are correct. Every reasonable effort has been made to describe fully, and as honestly as possible, the tour offered and every reasonable attempt will be made to supply what has been described.
- The Company reserves the right to make changes to the information, prices and itineraries set out on the website prior to confirming a customer’s booking and, provided such changes have been notified to the customer prior to his submitting a booking form or accepted by the customer after submission of the booking form prior to the Company’s confirmation, then such changes shall be binding on the parties.
18: DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY STATEMENT
- In order to process your booking, and trip information requests, provide your tour, and to help us give you a more personal service, we need to collect certain personal details from you. These details will include, where applicable, the names and contact details of party members, special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen tour arrangements and any dietary restrictions which may disclose your religious beliefs. If we need any other personal details, we will tell you before we obtain them from you. We may need to pass on your personal details to the companies and organizations who need to know them so that your tour can be provided (for example your hotel, airline, another supplier).
- We would also like to store and use your contact details for future marketing purposes (for example, sending you a monthly newsletter or details of new features, tours, or special offers which we think may be of interest to you, including by email). You have the ability to opt out or unsubscribe.
- All details you give us in connection with your booking (including those relating to any disability or medical condition or your religious beliefs) will be kept for 12 months. We will use only names and contact email details for marketing purposes (unless you have indicated that you do not wish us to do so.)
- We respect your privacy and do not sell, rent, trade, or give away any of your personal information for any purpose. Occasionally we hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, for example, to email information to you. We only provide those companies with the personal details relating to you which they require in order to deliver the service we ask them to deliver. They are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your details, for this reason, agrees to treat it with the same level of protection we are obliged to provide. If you do not want us to do any or all of these things, please let us know as soon as possible. You are entitled to ask us (by letter or e-mail) what details of yours are being held or processed, for what purpose, and to whom they may be or have been disclosed. We will not charge a fee to respond to such a request. We promise to respond to your request within 30 days of receiving your written request. In certain limited circumstances, we are entitled to refuse your request. If you believe that any of your personal details which we are processing are inaccurate or incorrect please contact us immediately.
- As our privacy statement may change due to developments in the law, we would encourage you to reread our privacy statement from time to time so that you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use personal information.
19: PHOTOGRAPHY, VIDEO & MARKETING
- You agree that, while participating in any Secret Paradise Tour, images, photos or videos may be taken by other participants, or our Tour Leader, which may contain or feature you. You consent to any such pictures being taken and grant a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to the Tour Operator, its contractors, sub-contractors and assigns, to reproduce for any purpose whatsoever (including marketing, promotions and the creation of promotional materials by or with sub-licensees), in any medium whatsoever, whether currently known or hereinafter devised, without any further obligation or compensation payable to you.
- Should you have a complaint about any of your tour arrangements, you must tell the Company’s representative or Tour Leader at the time. It is only if the Company and the relevant supplier know about problems that there will be the opportunity to put things right. Failure to complain on the spot may result in your ability to claim compensation, if applicable, from the Company being extinguished or at least reduced. If your complaint cannot be resolved on tour you should notify the Company by use of the emergency contact number provided on your hotel or tour voucher and then also in writing within 28 days of your return from the tour.
These Terms represents the entire agreement between travelers and Secret Paradise. There is no additional liability.
If any provision of these Terms is so broad as to be unenforceable, such provision will be interpreted to be only so broad as is enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision hereof will in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
These Terms will inure to the benefit of and be binding upon the parties and their respective heirs, legal and personal representatives, executors, estate trustees, successors, and assigns. In the event that some other person or entity seeks compensation for claims from which you have released us from liability by agreeing to these Terms, you (or your estate) will indemnify and hold harmless Secret Paradise for all sums reasonably incurred in response to such claims, including our reasonable attorney costs and fees.
These Terms and purchases with us are subject to the laws of The Republic of Maldives. Any dispute arising from these packages shall be litigated only in the courts of the Republic of Maldives which shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
We reserve the right to update or alter these Terms at any time. We will post amendments to these Terms below and any amendment will take effect immediately upon posting.
We retain the right at our sole discretion to deny access to anyone to our website and the products and services we offer, at any time and for any reason.
ADDENDUM: COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION:
- While participating in tours & activities provided by Secret Paradise Maldives social distancing must be practiced and face coverings worn at all times to reduce the risks of exposure to COVID-19. Secret Paradise has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19, however, Secret Paradise cannot guarantee that its guest’s, partners, or others will not become infected.
- By joining the tour you knowingly and freely acknowledge all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19.
- Guests agree to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and contact Secret Paradise by email if he/she experiences symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days after participating in a Secret Paradise tour or activity.