HOW DO I ORGANISE MY DEPARTURE PCR TEST IN THE MALDIVES?
With the omicron variant causing changes around the world to both travel guidelines and what is needed for entry on return to your home destination, we have seen the requirement for PCR testing prior to departing the Maldives increase.
The following provides an overview of how you can obtain a PCR test within the Maldives and also a reminder of the departure requirements for the Maldives.
WHAT IF MY AIRLINE OR HOME COUNTRY REQUIRES A NEGATIVE PCR TEST PRIOR TO ENTRY?
- Testing services are available at all tourist facilities for anyone who requires a PCR test to return to their country of origin or another destination.
- You should advise the guesthouse/hotel/resort/vessel of test requirement at time of check in.
- In most cases the sample will be taken at the property if you stay on a resort or at the local island clinic and they are sent to the nearest testing facility.
- Payment for the test is taken at the property. The charge will vary and is dependent on the distance of the testing facility from where you are staying. Expect to pay between $50 and $150 per person. Some resorts offer free of charge.
- Results are issued by email within 12-24 hours and express services are available upon request at an additional charge.
- Tourists who require a negative PCR test result for their outbound flight will not be taken to the Male International Airport for departure without a negative test result at hand.
- We would advise you check with your agent or direct with the resort for full information and costs specific to the property.
- For PCR testing within Greater Male, Secret Paradise recommends Tree Top Hospital, details can be found here.
ARE ANTIGEN TESTS AVAILABLE?
- Antigen tests are available at Velaana International Airport and at clinics within Greater Male.
WHAT IS THE DEPARTURE PROCEDURE FROM THE MALDIVES?
- No restrictions apply on checkout for guests staying at a tourst facility – resort, hotel, guesthouse or vessel, providing no symptoms are displayed or no positive PCR result has been recorded should symptoms have been displayed during duration of stay.
- You will need to complete the IMUGA online Traveler Declaration form within the 72 hour period prior to your departure from the Maldives.
We recommend that you also refer to the websites of the Ministry of Tourism and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Maldives for the most up to date travel information. We also advise to check your own home Foreign Office Travel Advice or seek consular assistance as part of your travel planning.
At Secret Paradise we have reviewed all our operational practices to ensure our guest’s comfort and safety. But without losing the memorable aspects of our experiences and service .
Want to find out how you can experience the Maldives in a safe and secure way? Take a visit to our website and select from tours, cruises and accommodation. Contact the Secret Paradise team to start your Maldives trip plan today!
For travel advice and information specific to local island guesthouses travel plans you can find details here.
The team at Secret Paradise have you covered.