Secret Paradise is a very reliable and efficient tour planner as Ruth replied to my email or answered my question promptly. She also suggested and gave recommendations on the best excursion for us. Kamey, our tour guide really did a good job. He took care of our safety and make sure we are comfortable.
Engage with the local community
Historical & Cultural Insight
Explore the Maldives Capital Area From Hulhumale
The perfect tour to explore the capital area of the Maldives. Based on the island of Hulhumale this 3 night tour provides an insight into the local way of life, history and the fragile environment of the Maldives. It is the perfect self-contained budget Maldives experience or the start to a longer independent stay in the archipelago.
Meet NGOs with a mission to protect the beaches and coral reefs of the Maldives. Dine with local families and explore off the beaten track with your personal Secret Paradise guide.
- From USD 449 per person
- Child (2 -11 years): USD 299
- Available all year round
- Arrival on day 1 by midday
- Velana International Airport (MLE)
- 4 days & 3 nights
- Minimum 1 person per booking
- Maximum 8 people per booking
WHAT ARE THE MALDIVES ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
- Travelers must have a confirmed accommodation/tour booking.
- Travelers must have a passport or travel document valid for a minimum 30 days from date of entry to the Maldives.
- Travelers must have a return flight ticket.
- The online traveler declaration form IMUGA must be completed within the 96 hour period prior to arrival in country.
- 3 nights deluxe room guesthouse accommodation
- 3 breakfasts & 1 local dinner
- Airport and domestic transfer assistance
- Return vehicle transport
- Malé city tour
- Villimalé eco-tour and hedhika experience
- Services of an English-speaking Secret Paradise guide
- All local tax ($3 green tax per person per night, 10% service charge, and 16% GST)
- International flights
- Travel Insurance
What to bring
All this together with full details on everything you need to know about travel within the Maldives will be provided in our welcome information pack.
- The Maldives is a Muslim country and therefore alcohol is not available on local islands.
- Subject to availability, day/evening visits to resorts can be arranged.
- Bikinis are not allowed to be worn on local island beaches. There is no access to a tourist beach within the Greater Male area.
Explore the 3 islands of Greater Male.
Taste authentic Maldivian cuisine
Experience local culture from a meal with a Maldivian family.
Visit Malé landmarks on a guided city tour.
Learn about conservation with Save the Beach on Villimalé.
What to Expect
Arrive at Malé International Airport where you will be greeted by our representative who will assist you with your public bus transfer to your guesthouse on Hulhumale.
Upon arrival at your guesthouse, you will have time to settle in after your flight before taking your first steps on the sands of this tropical urban paradise with a guided tour of the island.
Late afternoon join your guide at a beach side cafe for coffee, a very popular daily activity for Maldivians and a chance to gain your first insight into the local side of this island paradise.
Following breakfast on day 2, explore the capital on a Male city tour with your personal guide. Visit the fish market and local market, President’s Palace, Sultan Park, Friday Mosque. Step off the beaten track and explore the lanes and hidden squares. Complete your tour with a bird’s eye view from one of the city’s tallest buildings
This evening, enjoy dinner with a local family in their home giving you authentic access to Maldives local life.
Today join Save the Beach and discover the quieter side of city life by exploring the smaller island of Villimale, located southwest of Male. Wander the quiet streets, learn the names of local trees, visit the spice factory (subject to opening times), and learn more about the conservation work being carried out by Save the Beach. Sample traditional ‘hedikaa’ at a local café on the beach and take in the colours of the sunset.
Following breakfast on day 4, you are free to do as you please until your transfer to Male International Airport or your onward destination.
Located on the beachfront in Hulhumale, Planktons Beach boasts views of the lagoon and sea. The hotel has a terrace and water sports facilities. Guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and the beach area as well.
Each room at this hotel is air-conditioned and is equipped with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms come with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.
Car hire is available at this hotel and the area is popular for snorkeling. The nearest airport is Male International Airport, 4 km from Planktons Beach.
Hear From Our Previous Guests
The 3 days package with Secret Paradise is more than what we have expected. They made sure our tour is personalized and tailor-made according to our preference and budget. Ruth was very accommodating and our tour guide Kamy is so helpful, knowledgeable, and patient with us.
See Our Other Tours
From $599 USD
3-Night Maldives Beach Break
From $799 USD
3-Night Maldives Cultural Break
$From $99 USD