Best tour I have ever had! Very well organised. Great tour guide – fun, knowledgeable and informative. Accommodation comfortable and service impeccable. Loved the local food and culture experiences. Highly recommend traveling with Secret Paradise.
Engage with the local community
Historical & Cultural Insight
Live the Island Life in Guraidhoo
Enrich your knowledge of the Maldives by joining us on our Maldives Cultural Break Tour Package. Staying on Guraidhoo in South Malé Atoll, explore this quiet, typical fishing island with sandy roads and palm trees. Discover locals going about their daily routine and make friends with a local family over a traditional local dinner in their home. Snorkel the aquamarine waters and encounter a myriad of marine life. Looking for more action-packed adventure in your free time? Participate in scuba diving, surfing, kiting, and windsurfing for which the conditions in this area are excellent in season? This is the tour for you!
- From USD 799 per person
- Child (2 -11 years): USD 449
- Available all year round
- Arrival on day midday by midday
- Velana International Airport (MLE)
- 4 days & 3 nights
- Minimum 1 person per booking
- Maximum 8 people per booking
WHAT ARE THE MALDIVES ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
- Travelers must have a confirmed accommodation/tour booking.
- Travelers must have a passport or travel document valid for a minimum 30 days from date of entry to the Maldives.
- Travelers must have a return flight ticket.
- The online traveler declaration form IMUGA must be completed within the 96 hour period prior to arrival in country.
- 3 nights deluxe room guesthouse accommodation
- 3 breakfasts & 3 dinners
- Airport and domestic transfer assistance
- Public speedboat transfers
- Male City Walking Tour
- Island tour and hedhika experience
- 2 Point Snorkeling trip by boat including equipment
- Beach Clean with community and kurumba
- Services of an English-speaking Secret Paradise guide
- All local tax ($3 green tax per person per night, 10% service charge, and 12% GST)
- Evening Bodu Beru
- International Flight
- Travel Insurance
What to bring
- All this together with full details on everything you need to know about travel within the Maldives will be provided in our welcome information pack.
- The Maldives is a Muslim country and therefore alcohol is not available on local islands.
- Subject to availability, day/evening visits to resorts can be arranged.
- Bikinis are not allowed to be worn on local island beaches; however, all of our guesthouses offer either private gardens or balconies and tourist beach areas for guests where bikini swimwear can be worn.
- Some activities may be subject to change due to Maldives safe tourism guidelines.
Explore the capital city and visit top landmarks.
Taste Maldivian cuisine freshly prepared by a local family.
Snorkel some of the area’s best reefs and see rays, sharks, and turtles.
Enjoy a barbecue on the beach under the stars.
Delve into the amazing culture of the Maldives.
What to Expect
Arrive at Malé International Airport for the start of your Cultural Maldives Break Tour. Here you will be greeted by your guide who will accompany you on a walking tour of the capital city, providing opportunities to visit places of interest including the fish market, local market, President’s Palace, and Friday Mosque.
After lunch, transfer by speedboat to your island home on the local island of Guraidhoo, South Malé Atoll, just under one hour from Malé. View the beauty of the many Maldives islands that pass you by whilst keeping your eyes open for dolphins!
Upon arrival, you will have time to settle in before either relaxing on the roof terrace at the guesthouse or on the local beach to watch the sun go down. Dinner this evening is spent with a local family — just don’t expect silver service as traditionally meals are eaten without a knife and fork!
This morning take a few steps from the beach into the ocean to explore the house reef of Guraidhoo for your first underwater encounter! Your guide will provide a safety briefing and highlight how to protect the reefs by being a responsible snorkeler, they will also act as your ‘spotter’ pointing out marine life that may not have caught your eye. They will assist less confident or inexperienced snorkelers, ensuring your equipment is comfortable and you feel safe in the water.
As the afternoon cools down, spend time exploring Guraidhoo with your guide. There will be plenty of opportunities to learn about the local way of life, including a visit to the Mosque. Visit the harbor to learn how the common wooden boat known locally as a ‘dhoni’ is built, look out for the local fishermen bringing in their catch of the day! Stop and chat with children playing in the street and watch the ladies of the community begin their evening meal preparations. Stop by a local cafe to sample traditional hedhika – Maldivian savory and sweet treats served with black tea.
Following a local-style breakfast, we travel by speedboat to two of the best nearby reefs. The coral reefs of the Maldives are inhabited by diverse marine life and are teeming with colorful fish and corals. Keep your eyes open for turtles, sharks, and rays you never know what may be in the blue!
On return to Guraidhoo, the afternoon is free for you to get active and participate in optional watersports, diving, or surfing.
This evening, enjoy a relaxed beach BBQ under the stars with the option to include traditional dancing and the beat of the ‘bodu beru’ where a group of men sits around the ‘bodu beru’ – big drum – and sing to a rhythmical beat until they reach a crescendo.
Following an early breakfast on day 4, say goodbye to Guraidhoo and transfer by morning speedboat to Malé and on to Velana International Airport or your onward destination arriving by 10:00.
Guraidhoo Palm Inn
This family-run property has fifteen rooms and the most perfect roof terrace to relax and watch the sunset from. All the rooms are modern, clean, and comfortable and just a few minutes walk from the shallow lagoon, dividing Guraidhoo from a small private island where you can sunbathe.
All rooms offer an en-suite bathroom, AC and fan, flat-screen, satellite TV, an in-room safety deposit box, and Wi-Fi.
We have handpicked the best guesthouses throughout the Maldives to provide you with the greatest experience while enjoying your Maldives Culture tour package. Personally selected to provide a balance of comfort, good service, local atmosphere and value for money. In each, you can be assured of a warm welcome and know that your holiday money is contributing directly to the local economy and increasing local employment
Hear From Our Previous Guests
They were always on time, very quick to reply to questions and went above and beyond to make sure we were well taken care of.
We thoroughly enjoyed our short visit to the Maldives, the 2 highlights being having one of the most wonderful guides and the family dinner in Guiradhoo. In my now almost 25 years of “world-hopping” I think as well as my mother, that Kamey is by far one of the most knowledgeable, courteous, and dedicated guides we’ve ever had; he is one of your most precious assets convey him our warmest thanks.