Self Guided - Yours to Explore
Experience Island Life
DISCOVER THE UNDERWATER WORLD OF THE MALDIVES
Searching for a Maldives beach holiday that provides plenty of opportunities for snorkeling, watersports and those amazing Instagram moments? Our Snorkeling and Shipwreck tour could be just the ticket. Staying on two islands that offer beautiful beaches, turquoise blue lagoons and a chilled local vibe, enjoy the combination of local island life with plenty of water based activities and relaxation.
- From USD 999 per person
- Child ( 2-11 years) USD 499
- Available all year round
- Arrival on day 1 by 15:00
- Velana International Airport (MLE)
- 8 days & 7 nights
- Minimum 1 person per booking
- Maximum 8 people per booking
WHAT ARE THE MALDIVES ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
- Travelers must have a confirmed accommodation/tour booking.
- Travelers must have a passport or travel document valid for a minimum 30 days from date of entry to the Maldives.
- Travelers must have a return flight ticket.
- The online traveler declaration form IMUGA must be completed within the 96 hour period prior to arrival in country.
- 7 Night Deluxe room hotel accommodation
- 7 Breakfasts & 7 Dinners
- Airport and domestic transfer assistance
- All transfers by speedboat
- 2 Hours watersports – SUP, Kayak and snorkeling equipment
- 2 Point guided snorkeling including equipment
- Half Day guided shipwreck snorkeling tour including equipment
- In Country 24/7 Secret Paradise support
- All local tax (10% Service Charge, 12% GST and $3 Green tax per person per night)
- International Flight
- Travel Insurance
What to bring
- All this together with full details on everything you need to know about travel within the Maldives will be provided in our welcome information pack.
- The Maldives is a Muslim country and therefore alcohol is not available on local islands.
- Subject to availability, day/evening visits to resorts can be arranged.
- Bikinis are not allowed to be worn on local island beaches; however, all of our guesthouses offer either private gardens or balconies and tourist beach areas for guests where bikini swimwear can be worn.
Snorkel in diverse reefs and spot impressive sea life.
Encounter nurse sharks and discover shipwrecks.
Take part in numerous water sports such as kayaking or diving.
Kick back on beaches that most would call paradise.
Chat to friendly locals and learn more about island culture.
What to Expect
Arrive at Malé International Airport where you will be greeted and assisted with your speedboat transfer to your first local island in South Malé Atoll. View the beauty of the many Maldives islands that pass you by, keeping your eyes open for dolphins.
Upon arrival at your guesthouse you will have time to settle in before exploring the island and familiarizing yourself with the layout or taking your first dip in the hotel pool.
Following breakfast head out on a snorkeling tour to discover the underwater world of the Maldives.
The afternoon is free for you to enjoy as you please. Relax on the bikini beach or for those feeling energetic participate in the various optional watersport activities on offer. A wide range of group day excursions including sandbank visits, snorkeling and sunset cruises are available from both guesthouses and the watersport providers that line the beach front on the north end of the island. Optional diving trips can be organised for certified divers.
Today there is the opportunity to get active with 2 hours of watersports available. This includes rental of SUP, kayak and snorkeling equipment at a timing to suit you, just discuss with reception at the guesthouse but we would recommend late afternoon allowing you to enjoy sunset from the water.
Today is free for you to enjoy as you please. Relax on the bikini beach or for those feeling energetic participate in the various optional watersport activities on offer. Optional diving trips can be organised for certified divers.
Following breakfast today you transfer by speedboat to Fulidhoo. After checking in to your hotel the remainder of the day is free for relaxation along the shoreline of this quiet, chilled island.
Shipwreck snorkeling is a unique experience, especially if you’re not a scuba diver. The half-sunken shipwreck on the shallow reef within Vaavu atoll is becoming a house for colorful corals and is the perfect location for that instagram shot which will be the envy of your friends!
Today is free for you to enjoy as you please. Relax on the bikini beach, take a kayak or SUP out for a paddle in the famous crystal clear lagoon on the east of the island or join a snorkel trip to explore the breathtaking reefs.
Following an early breakfast take the speedboat for the return journey to Malé. Arriving back in Malé you will be assisted with your transfer onto Malé International Airport where your trip ends.
Includes deluxe room at Triton Beach Maafushi and Kinan Retreat Fulidhoo
Maafushi was once a very typical Maldivian local island but since the introduction of local tourism Maafushi is proving a popular destination for those wishing to experience the Maldives without paying resort prices. Maafushi is located in South Malé Atoll and is only 90 minutes away from Malé by ferry boat or 30 minutes by speedboat. There are two beaches on opposite sides of the island, one of which is a tourist bikini beach. With over 70 guesthouses some with 6 floors there are plenty of accommodation options to meet all budget needs. There are a variety of local cafes and guesthouse restaurants, some situated on the harbor and with water sport and excursion providers all eager for your business Maafushi provides the ideal destination to discover the Maldives on a budget and mix with other tourists.
Located 25 miles from the capital, Malé, Fulidhoo is located in the heart of the Maldives. Tiny in size and population, Fulidhoo is home to just 300 people who are excited to show the gems of their home island to guests. These include the famous crystal clear lagoon on the east of the island, and a breathtaking reef on the west. Part of Vaavu Atoll, Fulidhoo is famous for its local culture including dances performed by the islanders. Locals are proud of their long and remarkable history, and are always willing to share it with visitors. Vaavu Atoll is a microcosm for rich biodiversity and the local culture of Maldives, with exceptional reefs perfect for snorkeling, marine rich diving spots & fascinating Maldivian culture.
We have handpicked the best local island hotels to provide you the greatest experience while enjoying your Snorkeling & Shipwreck Island Hopping tour package. Personally selected to provide a premium feel, good service, local atmosphere, and value for money. In each, you can be assured of a warm welcome and know that your holiday money is contributing directly to the local economy and increasing local employment.